- Aspiration – 39 minutes
- Bowel Obstruction – 48 minutes
- Dehydration – 38 minutes
- GERD – 40 minutes
- Infection – 40 minutes
- Seizures – 47 minutes
- When to Act – 43 minutes
How it works:
- Once you purchase the course, you will receive an email within 1 business day with your username and password.
- You will have 6 months to successfully complete the eLearn course.
- Once you have completed the course, you will receive your Certificate of Completion or CEU Certificate (IL QIDPs only).
- Within the 6 months, feel free to review the material as much as you like!
Course Development and Usage:IntellectAbility collaborated with the University of Georgia and Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, with guidance from the Department of Justice, to produce a series of eLearn courses discussing the Fatal Five conditions considered preventable causes of death in people with IDD. These online courses are part of our comprehensive spectrum of developmental disabilities training resources, and include targeted training for staff working with developmentally disabled adults and children. To be effective, classes for developmental disabilities care services require insight into the unique health risks of those with IDD.
These self-paced eLearning courses are filled with videos, interactive exercises and visual aids to assist in training, with content designed to constantly engage the student and improve data retention. The result is a student of any educational level who can feel empowered to observe, make informed decisions and take action.