Person-Centered eTool Suite
This one-of-a-kind, web-based platform provides three powerful tools to ensure an effective and efficient way for supporters to ensure reliable, person-centered information is seamlessly incorporated into annual plans, daily support efforts, and is readily available to new staff getting to know the person.
How It Works
Electronic Person-Centered Description (ePCD)
Prerequisite: All users may view electronic Person-Centered Descriptions, but they must complete the virtual Person-Centered Thinking Training to edit them.
What is the Electronic Person-Centered Description (ePCD)?
All staff can access vital person-centered information about the person in real time
- Learning about the person is captured and expandable
- Information in ePCDs helps ensure the annual plan is person-centered
- Information is interoperable with other data systems
Built-in Person-Centered Thinking eLearn Course
If users have not completed the 3-day Virtual Person-Centered Thinking Training, they must complete a short eLearn course to view these web-based person-centered tools. This course teaches fundamental person-centered thinking techniques and skills to quickly understand and utilize the information in the Person-Centered Descriptions they are viewing.
One of the more frustrating realities for staff and the person supported is how hard-earned information and learning about the person is easily lost. You’ve seen it time and again. Information painstakingly learned about the person in the effort to be person-centered is lost each time a staff person leaves or is replaced.
For more information on the Person-Centered Thinking eLearn course modules, click here.
One Page Description (1PD)
What is a One Page Description (1PD)?
It contains key elements of the ePCD and requires at least three main components:
- What people Like and Admire about the person
- What is most Important To the person
- How to Best Support the person
Help their new doctor, staff person, case manager, or employer get to know them better as a person
- Facilitate matching the person up with the ideal roommate or staff person based on their personality and what’s Important To them
- Assist them in finding that perfect job
- Help them find that “special someone” and subsequently help that person get to know them better